Monday, February 25, 2008

A reminder of why I design

There was an ad for The Adultery Club in the New York Times Book Review. And Entertainment Weekly reviewed the novel about a dystopian society, Birmingham, 35 Miles. It looks like Random House is putting some muscle behind some of these books I've worked on. It's great to know that I haven't become so jaded in my work and that I can still feel excited about something I've done.

What I'm really looking forward to is the arrival of Eight Lives Down on the market. Designing the interior for this book and its accompanying photo insert made me feel as though I were part of something important. It was a project with real gravitas. I'm honored that Glen, my art director, gave me this assignment. It's projects like this that make me want to get up in the morning and get into the studio.

Here's Chris Hunter, the author of Eight Lives Down talking about his tour in Iraq in 2004 as a bomb disposal technician.

No comments: