Tuesday, September 25, 2007

At the movies

Ronny: Come upstairs. I don't care why you come. No, that's not what I mean. Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is and I didn't know this either. But love don't make things nice, it ruins everything, it breaks your heart, it makes things a mess. We're not here to make things perfect. Snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us. We are here to ruin ourselves and break our hearts and love the wrong people and die! The storybooks are bullshit. Now would you come upstairs with me and get in my bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh... I remember transcribing this scene for the first time when I was 15 years old, and taping the words to my bedroom wall. And 19 years later, it's just as true, like a few lines from Shakespeare roughed up in an alley.

x
Gwen