Sunday, December 21, 2008

A conversation after the party

We've left the party for a drink at the Tally-Ho. [That's its real name. Could I make that up?] In walks a hipster couple and the woman is stunning. She's a tiny thing with a mass of jet-black hair piled on her head. They sit nearby.

Kerry: Oh my god. She is so Amy Winehouse. But healthier.

Me: I know. And so fabulous. She's got more class in her little finger than that entire group of shrieking girls behind you.

Kerry: We would totally be friends with her.

Me: Definitely.

Kerry: As for the real Winehouse...

Me: What a story she is...

Kerry: I want her to get better. But not too much better.

3 comments:

Richard Drumm The Astronomy Bum said...

Glad you made it to the party! It sounded (read?) like you might not find it! :lol:

I remember sitting in a parking lot with my mouth literally hanging open when I heard the "Rehab" song the first time. I couldn't believe my ears!

Have a happy solstice everybody at Geologic & Sheerbrick!
Richard Drumm The Astronomy Bum

Brickgrrl said...

"The man said 'why do you think you here', I said 'I got no idea..."

We made it to the party because Kerry was behind the wheel.

Happy Newton's birthday to you and yours, my dear Astronomy Drumm!

sparky said...

'She is so Amy Winehouse. But healthier'

kinda like cockroaches and keith richards. neither can be killed